Monday, December 15, 2008

The Christmas Letter

Every year I send out a Christmas letter, but this year I'm doing it on here. Why? Well it's better for the environment, less paper. Cheaper too, I don't need to buy fancy paper and stamps. The postman won't use gas to get the mail to your house, and you don't have to feel guilty when you throw it away. All of these reasons are true, but I have to admit I'm just feeling a little lazy this year!

As the year comes to a close and I begin to compose this letter in my head, I start thinking about everything that happened this year. Holy Toledo (I can say that now that I live elsewhere) it has been a crazy year. A roller coaster of a year and I'm looking forward to the ride slowing down. I don't want to get off, but the loops are getting old and I think maybe one of those lazy river kind of rides is more of what I'm looking for now.

A quick summary, starting in the spring, because I don't even remember the beginning of the year: The daycare we used told us she was closing a week before Megan was born. Thankfully we found a fantastic lady and I'm so so so grateful. Then Megan was born, and I love her with all my heart and she is healthy and beautiful, but we all know it has been a journey. Right when I was going back to work, Bruce lost his job and that was a little (lot) scary. He has since found a job and is doing very well at it and we are crossing our fingers that no layoffs will touch us.

We lost Grandpa "Blueberry" and it was heartbreaking, but we did get to spend a few days in upstate New York with Bruce's family. We haven't done that in years, especially with both kids. My brother and his wife welcomed a baby girl 8 days after Megan, and Lucy is a beautiful little baby and I'm so happy for them. This year has had a lot of ups and downs, but there is always a positive and that's what I try to focus on.

I haven't found the positive of the broken toilet, maybe we all get to bond while waiting in line for the other bathroom?

Merry Christmas from the Davis Family!

0 comments: