Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Back from Summer Vacation...

We've been on vacation all summer. Really? No. But I figured it was a good excuse for my lack of updates! There is so much to catch up on and so many pictures to post, but for now I'm going to focus on a little at a time.

The biggest thing that I can't believe I didn't "blog" about yet was Megan's first birthday. Don't tell her when she is older, ok? We'll just keep that between me and the general population. If you remember from my past posts, her favorite song as a little baby was "Mr. Golden Sun", so it was only fitting that we had a Mr Golden Sun Party. I have to toot my own horn here and say that it was really cute. We even had a giant sun pinata ...that would not break. Seriously, Bruce had to put it on the ground and smash it with all his might. Megan isn't one to stand still for long, so we couldn't get a good picture of her in her little birthday tshirt, but here is our best effort


She had lots of friends and family join her for the celebration and had a great time. She wasn't too sure about the cake at first, but then she got into the texture of it. What a mess to clean up but so much fun to watch!

Afterwards, she was exhausted. She curled up in her crib as the party was winding down and after 3 hours, we had to wake her up for her cousin Lucy's party. She was ready to party again!







0 comments: