Thursday, October 16, 2008

I know I know...shame on me, I haven't written in a little while. It certainly isn't for lack of anything to say, things have been busy here! Things are good, life is flying by.

The girls are doing great. Megan is loving solids, although feeding time has become difficult. She has learned a new trick. She can blow "raspberries" or "zerberts" or what ever you want to call it...you know, when you put your lips together and blow. What is the correct word for that anyways? She does it all the time, but really likes to do it when she has food in her mouth. Griselda and I have been covered in peas and carrots lately and although it's frustrating, it's kind of funny. I remember when Haley learned to do it, a memory I have is her doing it in Target really loud and causing quite the scene.

Megan is still trying to stand whenever possible and we have caught her a few times trying to pull herself up from a sitting position to stand. She just turned 6 months, I'm not ready for that! She can also get herself into a sitting position if she is semi-reclined, like in a bouncer chair or something. If she is laying down, she rolls everywhere. The kid is going to be mobile very soon! Hasn't shown any interest in crawling though, she probably thinks it's a waste of time! As far as babbling goes, she really doesn't. She makes some sounds, but just doesn't carry on like many babies do (you should hear my niece Lucy!). My mom said that Megan probably doesn't bother trying to talk because she knows as long as Haley is around, she won't get a word in! Oh how true that is.

Speaking of Haley, can you believe my baby is now 4 years old? 4! She was thrilled with her Princess party and had many friends join her to celebrate. I took pictures with a disposable camera, hopefully they will turn out ok. I know it's been a few weeks but I keep forgetting to take the film to get developed! Griselda made her cake and it was amazing...it had Cinderella and the clock on it. Truly a cake from the heart. She is an awesome cake decorator (and baker!) and I really hope the pictures show how much detail she put in it. It was beautiful! I will post a ton of pictures when I can, promise!

I still can't believe she is 4. She sat down next to Bruce the other day and said "1 + 2 equals 3". He was shocked! She is learning so much at daycare and it blows my mind. Our conversations really tickle me too, the things that she comes up with. She is still my shadow and doesn't leave my side, and as frustrating as it can be at times, I know that it won't always be like this. Enjoy it while it lasts!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH, don't worry. She will return, trust me.. Have I talked to you yet today? How many times??

Love every minute,

MOM