Thursday, August 21, 2008

Fay is not so bad

It's been raining for 3 days now, non stop. Windy and rainy and dark and gloomy. Sounds terrible but I love it! I wish I was home for it, home with the family in my pajamas doing rainy day stuff. I just know by Saturday it is going to be sunny and hot, but I guess that's just how it goes.

Do you ever get that wave of emotion come over you that you can't explain, like a slew of memories all blurred into one, where you kind of get lost in the moment of it? That's what rainy days bring for me. It's this blurry mess of memories of rainy days with my mom, just her and I. They all seem to be from about Haley's age, and I knew those days were special and that she loved me and I just felt secure. When that wave comes over me, even though it may only be for a second, it is the most comforting feeling I know. It makes me wonder if the little moments I share with Haley now will come back to her when she is an adult. I look forward to having those moments with Megan too. The random moments between mother and child that to the mother are just another day, but to the child it is golden.

Bring on the rain! (and a big pot of chili....)

0 comments: