Since it has been awhile since I have really updated (or just had a conversation!) with many of you, here is an attempt to get you caught up to how things are with the kids. Geez, that term still sounds weird to me...kids.
Megan is 4 months now, getting bigger everyday. I'm not sure what she weighs as she hasn't had her four month checkup yet, that's next week. She is rolling over alot, smiles the biggest, cutest smile in the world, and yesterday she laughed her first "belly laugh". She has been giggling for awhile but this was her first real laugh. Bruce tried to videotape it, but of course she was pretty much over it by then. I'll try to figure out how to post that in awhile. Megan has been sleeping through the night since she was 7 weeks, but no matter what we do, she does not like naps. If we're really lucky and all the cosmos are in alignment, she'll nap for an hour, but usually it's about 20 minutes. She is grabbing at everything and loves toys, but her favorite thing is Haley's hair. Drives Haley nuts but it makes me laugh because Haley can't understand the concept of just staying out of reach.
The thing about Megan that I don't understand is her crying. She is doing better than her newborn stage, but sometimes it just break my heart because I don't know how to make her comfortable. We have found a way to calm her down though...the song "Mr. Sun". You know the song...Mr. Sun, sun, Mr Golden Sun, please shine down on me...oh Mr. Sun, sun, Mr Golden Sun, hiding behind a tree...etc. I'm telling you, she stops crying instantly and smiles. It's the only song that works. Haley and I have sung that song so many times since we figured it out, and it works everytime. We've tried other songs and she just cries. Her babysitter, Griselda, about fell over when she saw it! I have to get a video of it.
Haley is getting close to her 4th birthday. I can't believe she is almost 4 years old. I absolutely love the age she is, I laugh so much at our conversations and watching her think things out. I love hearing "Mommy, I have an idea". Her facial expressions and inflections crack me up. She repeats alot of what she hears, which makes me look at myself and how I say things. She has a wonderful sense of humor and imagination. Haley's heart is so huge, so full of love and kindness. It's funny to see her now as a little kid and not a toddler. Hannah Montana is like gold to her (she doesn't watch the show, so I was shocked she knew who she was, but I guess it's hard not to know when Hannah is everywhere I turn around). She has one of the cds and yes, I listen to it in the car with her and sometimes in the house...the things we do for our children. Barbies and Princesses are her other weaknesses. Add that to her shoe obsession and I have to wonder how she is my child. Yeah, those of you who have known me my whole life, go ahead and laugh...I have a girly girl daughter. And I have a feeling Megan is going to be just like her.
Bruce and I are doing well, adjusting to many changes in life. As most of you know, he lost his job right when I finished maternity leave. It sucks, yes, but I'm so glad he is out of that place. We have made alot of adjustments and sacrifices, and so far we are holding are own. I started a new position upon return to work, so that has helped my mood alot. For the first time in 7 years, I don't hate my job! That's a great feeling! Same company, just now in sales. Working full time is hard with 2 children so young, but I'm thankful for the job. Even though Bruce is home, there is still alot of mom things that need to be done and I miss my babies. I feel like I miss so much of them during the day. When our kids are grown up, are they going to care what position I had at work, or are they going to care about the life we had? I hope they will remember a happy childhood because we were there with them.
The girls are still going to daycare because if we lose that spot, we are screwed when he finds a job. The lady that watches them is fantastic, absolutely great. She used to be a kindergarten teacher, so she is teaching Haley so much. Haley isn't able to start pre-k until next year because of where her birthday falls, so Griselda has started teaching Haley how to write, how to read, etc. She is in our neighborhood too so that's a huge plus.
Ok, I will stop rambling now and try to post some pics. Thanks for stopping by!
Bryan's 2nd Birthday party
14 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment