Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Megan's 4 month checkup




Today was an early morning trip to the dr for Megan. She did very well, even when she received her 4 shots. Of course she cried when she got them, but stopped as soon as I picked her up. Geez that nurse is fast with the shots! She weighed in at 15 pounds on the dot and she is 25 inches long! For weight she is in the 60th percentile and height over the 90th percentile. Dr. Dobbins kept commenting on her length and how strong her neck is. I don't know what it is about our kids, but they both have had really good neck control since birth. Both held their heads up in the hospital!

We talked to the dr about the issues with Megan. He seems confident that she is ok, just high maintenance. His words, not ours, but I have to agree! We talked about some solutions about sleep so we'll see how it goes. Tonight she went to bed pretty easy...vodka in the bottle really does work! Just seeing if your paying attention. We also gave her some cereal tonight for the first time. I intended to wait a few more weeks but gave in. She was a bit confused by it but did pretty well. Haley was all about feeding her, which I knew she would be, she has been talking about it forever. She was coming out of her skin trying to get that spoon out of my hands! She is such the big sister. If I ever figure out the video thing on here, I'll post the video. I have some pics I will put up though.

Last night she slept through the night again, oh what sweet memories! Bruce and I seemed more tired today though, I think our bodies were just in shock. I'm praying that she does tonight as well. I really don't understand why it all changed, why she stopped sleeping at night, but I guess it's one of those things. I think once we get a handle on getting her to go to sleep easier will help staying asleep. And seriously, stop wondering if I was joking or not about the vodka.




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love my family!!

MOM

Unknown said...

just catching up with you- seriously, michelle, don't stress!! you lucked out with haley. megan sounds so normal!!! i know is is hard but just know that you are in the company of so many parents. you have 2 beautiful girls and before you know it you wish those nights of holding a baby were there again. yes it took us 3 years to get liz to sleep and jane 2.5 yrs but who cares? have you thought about co-sleeping?
miss you, mama!! can you believe haley will be 4 soon!!!?? we have having a bash for liz tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

Love the squinchy face on my granddaughter! She's so adorable!
And thanks for sharing the story about the birthday cake.
Love to all four of you.
Pop Pop