We have made it 5 months! I can't believe how much she has grown and developed in such a short time. She is so cute that I can't help but cover her in kisses every chance I get, and kissing her hands is still the best way to get a smile out of her.
She is still enthralled with her feet and Haley's hair-her two favorite things- but is working on mastering some new skills. She is officially an independent sitter...she can sit for long periods with no support, but of course you still need to stand by for the occasional topple over (which I still find entertaining). Her legs are very strong and she is great at standing. Of course we hold her hands, but I really don't think it's going to be long before she is mobile. Yikes. Haley was fully walking at 9 months, so we'll see if Megan beats that. Her first steps were at 8 months but she fell alot...oh wait, that may be because she never looked where she was going!
Today was a big day for her. She loves her cereal and so we decided it was time...maybe premature, but to each his own...I got out the green beans! We gathered around her in the kitchen, spoon in hand and up to her lips went the first taste of food (cereal is more about texture then taste). She had this look on her face, a mixture of confusion and disgust. I gave another spoonful, same thing. We thought for sure she didn't like it when all the sudden she was smacking her lips. Haley got out her spoon (such the mommy) and we both took turns feeding her. She LOVED it. She was smacking her lips and I swear she was like a dog begging for more. She ate the whole container, every last bite. When she was all done, she was sitting in her chair for a few minutes just smiling away. Happy as pie.
*There is no picture of her eating because my camera is not working. Not sure how I will survive!
Bryan's 2nd Birthday party
14 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment