Sunday, September 7, 2008

Megan's Drool


This is one of those posts that unless you have kids, you may not want to read. Once you have kids, nothing grosses you out.

Babies drool. I know that. I'm worried what's going to happen when Megan startes teething. I have bought life jackets and we have an escape route set up for when the flood starts. I have never seen a baby drool like her, it's actually kind of embarrassing. Dr assures me it's normal, but I think he is just being nice.

The other day I'm playing Barbies with Haley (can you feel my excitement?) I had Megan sitting on my lap. Haley: "Mommy! She drooled all over this dress! Ugh!" Oh, um, sorry? Then Haley picks up another barbie : "MEGAN! Ewww! her hair is all wet!! Stop drooling on my toys!" Walking through Target yesterday, Megan was fussy in her car seat so I picked her up and was holding her facing out. Splat. She drooled and it hit the floor -it literally made a splat sound. A minute later, my toes were covered. If you pick her up over your head, you don't need to worry about her spitting up on you. You need to becareful of a "drool bomb" as Bruce calls it.

This picture is from today. I'm not sure how well the drool will show up on here. It literally took just seconds to produce this. And now she has taken on a new trick...sucking her lower lip in so she looks like an old lady. And old lady with a wet, red chin. She is still really dang cute though!






0 comments: