
This was a great Labor Day Weekend. We didn't do anything fantastic, but spent alot of time together and played alot. We started the weekend at WonderWorks, where I work. Not exactly where I wanted to be on a day off, but sometimes I forget that it is a place for kids and the Haley loves it. Dropped Megan off at Grandmas and off we went! She was thrilled and told the lady at Walgreens later that day all about it. (I swear they think she's insane -everytime we go there, she always has something to tell the employees) As we were leaving WonderWorks, she was really tired and resting on dad's shoulder....she's not really sleeping but thought it would make for a cute picture. Yes, her words.
This weekend was also filled with craft projects (we made a mosaic stepping stone!) and playing lots of different stuff. And Barbies. I really really really dislike playing Barbies. I cringe when I hear her ask. But you can only come up with so many excuses and sometimes you just have to give in. Grow up Megan and play with your sister is all I can think.
For all of you who think I exaggerate on how girly Haley is, let me tell you about the difficulty in getting Haley ready to go to WW. I got an outfit out of her drawer, she says "That's not adorable mommy". Oh, my bad. Here, how's this? "That's not adorable either". Ok, well...outfit 3? Nope. Ok, outfit 4? "Yes Mommy, good job." And last night after she went to bed, I put some pajama pants on and a tshirt. I heard a noise in her room and went to make sure she wasn't playing. Now keep in mind her room was dark. I stood in the doorway and asked what was going on. She was in bed and asked for water (turns out the noise wasn't her). As I walked back out to get her some water she says "mommy, that doesn't match". I said it did, and she shook her head and said "Go stand by my bathroom with the light on so I can see." I'm being critiqued by a 3 year old!!!!
Megan had fun too. She spent Saturday morning with Grandma then had a visit from her little cousin Lucy. She also has been working on standing. Yes, standing. It is all she wants to do lately! Her legs are very strong and she is doing pretty good with it. Honestly, she holds your thumbs to steady herself and stands for about a minute. We have been working with her to sit up unassisted, but she falls over pretty quickly. It's kinda entertaining for us in a weird parenting way. Oh, your parents laughed at you too.
Bryan's 2nd Birthday party
14 years ago
1 comments:
Hasley is becoming a regular fashionista! Heavens to Betsy!!
I'll make sure my clothes match next time I see her!
Pop Pop
Post a Comment